Wednesday 6 January 2010

Dita Loves Fur

This is a drawing I did last year called 'Dita Loves Fur' It was done in WH Smith brand coloured pencils, (WH Smith is a chain bookstore/stationary store for you aussies) They only cost me £6.00 and for some reason are the most incredible colour pencils ever made (I stocked up on 3 boxes just in case they ever stop making them) Anyways the woman in the picture is Dita von Teese a model/dancer. I really like her, her look is very retro, she does wear fur though which i am not against in the slightest (fur can be quite cool when looking back at fashion trends) I just personally find the idea of wearing fur quite ick, Just like taxidermy, I know a farmer who has stuffed rabbits, cats, squirrels, birds even an otter. Gives me the creeps really bad.
I used a headshot from the internet, and added the fox, hand and apple and bird. I like drawing figures and adding in an illustrative tattoo design element. I'm also loving colour right now. I did a series of black and grey portraits of rockstars for friends and have been asked to do a couple more since, but i find it difficult to stick to one style for too long.
I really love Illustration especially in just pencils, you can acheive so many effects and it's very portable, I started drawing this one at Nathans mates house, and finished it in between tattoos the next day (not so easy when working with paint)
More to come soon...

2 comments:

  1. Still think you should sell prints of this ....& the Elan tree one (without his name of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogland! Found my way over here through Claire. :-)
    I really like your drawing.
    Have a nice and hopefully not so snowy weekend.
    Here in Sweden we have a lot of snow too and it's also cold and I'm loonging for spring now.

    ReplyDelete